Ingrid Bergman My Story Ingrid Bergman 9780440032991 Books

Ingrid Bergman My Story Ingrid Bergman 9780440032991 Books
Ingrid Bergman was Ingrid Bergman. A force unto her own. Born an actress by genetics. Born strikingly beautiful in a simple way with a good temperament. Bergman was first and foremost an actress. She has left the world with a huge body of great work. Unfortunately, she paid a price. Her children rarely saw her and none of her marriages worked. David Selznick to his credit realized she was not going to be molded into the typical Hollywood actress and profited greatly by her efforts. Ingrid on the other-hand, rightly so, refused to let Hollywood change her in any way and had a great influence on the work she did. Which was rare then. She took many parts, refusing to be type cast. Nearly everything she did was successful. She was a prolific writer and we are shown many of the communications she had with people during her life.
Tags : Ingrid Bergman: My Story [Ingrid Bergman] on Amazon.com. *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. The acclaimed actress's account of her career, her personal life, and her colleagues is accompanied by reactions to and information about Bergman from her directors,Ingrid Bergman,Ingrid Bergman: My Story,Delacorte Press,0440032997,Bergman, Ingrid
Ingrid Bergman My Story Ingrid Bergman 9780440032991 Books Reviews
My idol and name sake. Life is not easy, is it?
I had no idea that Ingrid Bergman had such a complicated and interesting life. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book.
It was an easy read but, I wish it had been written by Ingrid Bergman alone. The title My Story hit me as just that, it is her side of the story therefore, how much of it is believable? Is it a story or is it really the total truth of her life? No one will really know, not even Ingrid because, as human beings we can unconsciously weave our life story to make ourselves more acceptable and comfortable with it.
Her physical beauty was undeniable, her acting superb. Casablanca, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Anastasia and Joan of Arc were and still are my favorite movies Ingrid starred in. Of course, there were many screen and stage performances that were also considered well done.
Interesting learned a lot of things I didn't know about Hollywood and acting. Actors are always self promoting and that's OK I guess its a tough business and you've got to promote yourself.
I frequently read biographies and autobiographies. I was a bit disappointed in this one. The content is good, however the writing is simply average I thought. The parts Ingrid wrote herself were the most interesting; the parts written by the biographer were dull (this book alternated between Ingrid's writing and the biographer). The format was a bit odd as well, with the alternation. I'm about 400 pages into the book and not sure I will finish it. I enjoyed it for the most part, but I find I am getting a bit bored with it.
Very good read about one of my favorite people
What can one say about the most beautiful and talented actress to grace the silver screen. Amazing life. Hollywood should be ashamed of its' treatment of Ms Bergman!
Ingrid Bergman was Ingrid Bergman. A force unto her own. Born an actress by genetics. Born strikingly beautiful in a simple way with a good temperament. Bergman was first and foremost an actress. She has left the world with a huge body of great work. Unfortunately, she paid a price. Her children rarely saw her and none of her marriages worked. David Selznick to his credit realized she was not going to be molded into the typical Hollywood actress and profited greatly by her efforts. Ingrid on the other-hand, rightly so, refused to let Hollywood change her in any way and had a great influence on the work she did. Which was rare then. She took many parts, refusing to be type cast. Nearly everything she did was successful. She was a prolific writer and we are shown many of the communications she had with people during her life.

0 Response to "⋙ [PDF] Free Ingrid Bergman My Story Ingrid Bergman 9780440032991 Books"
Post a Comment